Related also to Bill Clancy’s Delight (MOI 1465, DMI 696) and Pretty Peggy (MOI 1476, DMI 704) both in D and sourced from James O’Neill.
Recorded by James Morrison in 1935 as The Milestone At The Garden (see audio excerpt above; more information on Morrison and Mayo can be found here).
Joe Byrne (Achadh Mór) plays a slightly different version on Fíf agus Fideog5:
- Francis O’Neill, The Dance Music of Ireland (1001 Gems). Chicago, Lyon & Healy, 1907, p.89, #457. Also appears in
Francis O’Neill, O’Neill’s Music of Ireland: Eighteen Hundred and Fifty Melodies. Chicago, Lyon & Healy, 1903, p222, #1177.
- James Morrison, Miss Langford’s, The Milestone At The Garden. Columbia 33538-F (78 RPM), 1935.
- Ryan’s Mammoth Collection: 1050 Reels and Jigs, Hornpipes, Clogs, Walk Arounds, Essences, Strathspeys, Highland Flings and Contra Dances, with Figures, and How to Play Them. Elias How, Boston, 1883, p.82/86
- Paul DeGrae, Sources of tunes in O’Neill’s Music of Ireland and Dance Music of Ireland, www.irishtune.info, 2017.
- Joe Byrne, Fíf agus Fideog – Fluters and Whistlers of East Mayo. Dreoilín, Achadh Mór, 1998.